Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Project
Page last updated December 19, 2017
- November to mid-December — Training for Workday and Kronos
- Workday unavailable (including the financial system): 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 13 through 8 a.m., Monday, Dec. 18. Request for payments received after 2 p.m. Dec. 12 will not be processed until the following week.
- Mid-December — Hourly staff will start logging time into Kronos. Managers will use the system to approve time for their hourly staff.
- Jan. 1, 2018 — Go-live
- After Jan.1 — Training continues
The human resource information system (HRIS) is set to go live in January 2018. The HRIS will replace your current HR tools. The new systems will be used to record work hours, request time off, process payroll, post and accept applications to open job opportunities, and enroll in certain benefits to name a few. All employees of The Claremont Colleges will use the HRIS, which includes:
- Workday: As an employee, you will use Workday to change your personal information, such as legal name or address or contact information, update your tax information, to add or remove dependents or beneficiaries, or to view your benefits. As a manager, you will use Workday as a tool for recruiting and hiring staff, managing compensation and other related tasks.
- Kronos: This system will be used by employees to track time worked, request and approve time off requests (e.g. sick, vacation, personal time) and other related tasks.
This project has entailed more than 150 people from across the colleges and TCCS working collaboratively in a dedicated and focused effort to develop the unified business processes, build the technology, and to test and retest the system to ensure a smooth transition.
In the next several months we will share additional information about the transition, including training options.