Frequently Asked Questions
What is Workday Financials?
Workday Financials is a cloud-based financial accounting general ledger system that is being implemented jointly at all eight institutions of The Claremont Colleges (TCC).
Workday Financials Phase I went live on July 1, 2015. We are now in the final stages of implementing of preparing for a July 1, 2016 go-live with Phase IIA, which will add projects, capital assets and grants to the exiting Workday transactional tools.
Is this collaborative approach unique among The Claremont Colleges?
The Workday Financials system project is just one of several projects that have brought representatives from each of the colleges together to develop unified solutions that provide efficient, cost-effective and up-to-date technology. The colleges are also evaluating cross-college solutions for a new Student Information System and a new Human Resources Information System and progress continues on the IT@TCC project, which will deliver service in six key areas of technology.
Why did we need a new financial system?
Initially implemented in the mid-1990s, the college’s financial systems were inefficient, outdated and at the end of their functional lives. Additionally, a primary goal of the implementation is to achieve more uniformity of business processes across all of the campuses, making it easier for the colleges to do business with one another.
What happens next?
Once Phase IIa is launched we will start the working on the implementation process for Phase IIb, which will add procurement processing tools.
Who is leading the implementation?
The all-college project is being led by Stig Lanesskog, chief executive officer of The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS).
- The executive sponsor is the Business and Financial Affairs Committee (BFAC). The treasurers work to ensure that the interests of each college are addressed during implementation.
- The project management office (PMO) includes the TCCS CEO, two BFAC members, the two controllers, two IT representatives and the project manager. PMO is responsible for the overall direction and management of the project.
- The project management team (PMT) includes the project manager and the two controllers. They are responsible for the day-to-day progress of the implementation.
- A core/design team made up of representatives from every member of TCC is configuring the new system. This team structure enables the members to address specific concerns of each institution during implementation.
- A complete list of Workday Financials implementation team members is available.
What if I have additional questions about Workday Financials?
If you have difficulty logging in or getting access to Workday, please contact the technical support help desk at:
- Pomona College: servicedesk@Pomona.edu or call extension x18061.
- All other institutions: WorkdayHelp@claremont.edu.
Assistance with financial transactions
Please contact your institution’s business office for help.